Steps to obtain the NIF for companies.
Remember that the NIF is the tax identification number for companies and corporations, individuals or any type of entity that carries out commercial activity and that, in addition, is subject to bureaucratic obligations, such as issuing or receiving invoices.
The NIF application is one of the general procedures in establishing a company. In this article we review the procedure that a company must follow and the documentation that must be provided to obtain it.
Steps to request the company NIF
Before making any movement with your company, whether delivery, sale, or hiring of personnel, you must request your NIF from the Hacienda, which will first provide you with a provisional NIF, in case you need it immediately or definitively. In both cases, the Tax Agency will proceed to verify your data.
If you have a company, the request must be made within the month following the date of incorporation of the legal entity. To do this, you must complete form 036 following the following steps:
- On page 1, fill in the name of the entity and check box 110 or box 120 if you have a provisional NIF and request the definitive one. At the bottom of the page, next to the date and place, the president or a representative with power of attorney must sign.
- On page 2B, complete the boxes referring to the identification of the entity
- On page 3 identify the legal representatives.
The NIF request can be made in person with an appointment at the Hacienda or electronically as long as you have an electronic certificate or have been registered in the ClavePIN system. You can consult the electronic notification at the Tax Agency headquarters with your signature. digital. If you do not have it, the Hacienda will notify you at your home.
Documentation required to request the company NIF
Along with the delivery of the duly completed form 036 as a legal entity, you must present the following documents:
- Photocopy of the DNI or NIF of the company representative.
- Representation model in case the application is not presented by the legal representative.
- Original and photocopy of the Deed of Incorporation of the company.
- Certificate of Registration in the Commercial Registry.
A document is necessary that certifies that the company exists and is active and that the person who signs the specific power to obtain the NIF has sufficient power to do so. Generally, a Certificate of Validity and Positions from the corresponding Commercial Registry of each country is used, which specifies that the company is current and who is the director of the company.
If you have questions or need help to obtain your NIF, our online advisory service can help you so you can only focus on growing your business, while we take care of everything else.